Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Piddler


Don’t know just how it started

Nor when it first began

I found myself just piddlin

It surely wasn’t planned.




Sometimes I sit and ponder

Or write a silly rhyme

But mostly wind up piddling

Just passing off the time.



Some say that I’m lazy

For truth that isn’t so

Different is a better word

For them that really know.


I could have been a lawman

And wield a heavy hand

Or maybe a musician

And leader of a band



But as I stumble on through life

A different project every day

I’m most happy when I piddle

What more is there to say.



All folks can’t be piddlers

It takes a special kind

You need a bit of trifling in you

You always stay behind.




Consider this as you decide

How you want you life to go.

You don’t get rich a-piddlin

Ask me, I surely know.




I hope and pray the Lord will say

When my earthly trip is done

Heaven needs another piddler

And today you are that one.


CF.